Stranks Bee Farm
We put a lot of time, thought and experimenting into our beekeeping equipment. We are not a “beekeeping supply store” but simply beekeepers trying to offer other beekeepers a better option for hives. As such we do not keep much stock. Our process is as follows — You order beekeeping equipment, we manufacture it for you, and let you know it is ready for pick-up
Designed And Manufactured By A Local Beekeeper
Assembled Honey Production Kit
The Assembled Honey Production Kit gets you ready for your bees to make you honey! This kit is available for pick-up only at our farm.
Assembled Double Box Beehive Kit
The honey production beehive kit includes
- Solid pine bottom board
- Inner cover
-Aluminum clad telescoping lid
- 2 deep boxes (9 5/8”) with 10 frames + foundation
- 2 medium boxes (6 5/8) with 10 frames + foundation
- Feeding rim
- Entrance reducer
- Queen excluder
Each of our kits are designed with 3 key elements.
1. We make sure that our hives have a rough sawn interior. This helps the bees to propolize it quicker to provide additional disease prevention within the hive.
2. we only use frames that are not self-spacing. This may sound old fashion, but we have observed that it actually helps prevent killing bees upon hive inspections.
3. Our inner covers are designed to sit very close to the tops of the frames and therefore prevent excessive build up of burr comb.
For more information see here